• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Louisiana Road Food Festival

Holly Moore

There is a combination Louisiana Road Food Festival and Oyster Jubilee going on in New Orleans the weekend of April 4th and 5th.

Events include construction of the worlds longest oyster poor boy by local restaurants and a regional LA food festival that brings in restaurants from around Louisiana.

Proceeds from the food festival benefit Cafe Reconcile which gives kids who wouldn't normally have the opportunity or inclination a chance to learn the restaurant business.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

I'll be there and blogging it. Perhaps I can get my department at Tulane to host a blog about it or something of that nature....we're really into Lousiana food heritage. Hem....

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be there and blogging it. Perhaps I can get my department at Tulane to host a blog about it or something of that nature....we're really into Lousiana food heritage. Hem....

Me, too, but only after the fact; my posts lean toward lots of photos, so usually I'm blogging on a time lag. The extra few days I stay after the festival will only put me further behind, but I'm really looking forward to wandering about and seeing how the city has pulled itself together since my last visit, for the first JazzFest after Katrina.