• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Commercial Panini Press?

jklon1

Any thoughts on a commercial panini press?

Last weekend I ate at Cafe Fanny in Berkeley and noticed that they have a Nuova Simonelli panini press. Are these reliable? What does 'ino use?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Any thoughts on a commercial panini press?

Last weekend I ate at Cafe Fanny in Berkeley and noticed that they have a Nuova Simonelli panini press. Are these reliable? What does 'ino use?

Thanks.

Jonathan

About 1 month ago we bought a Anvil double Panini press. We are very happy with this unit. :smile: The 3 major brands from U.S.A. are Anvil,Cecilware and Star. These are all very well made and would give you very good service. If you buy one I would recommend one with a timer, makes things a lot easier. Also some of the italian ones like the Nuova might be a little hard to service if you do have problems, and they may not be N.S.F. certifed. In Calf. you cannot use any equipement that is not N.S.F. Look at e-bay currently 227 grills listed! Good Luck in your hunt !