• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Aux Sportifs Reunis in the 15th

RandyB

A French friend was describing a restaurant with no obvious restaurant-like exterior, just the address number, which he thought was 75 or 65. You knock on the door for entry. Then you are seated family style, and only choose your plat principal. He said the food was reasonably good, the price as well, and it was great fun.

Anyone heard of this place?

Definitely not the Hidden Kitchen. I've been there, too. Maybe I should have named this thread "unmarked restaurant."

As described to me, it has a street front but there's no indication that it's a restaurant nor no window where you can see inside. Sounds more like an old time speakeasy.

Definitely not the Hidden Kitchen. I've been there, too. Maybe I should have named this thread "unmarked restaurant."

As described to me, it has a street front but there's no indication that it's a restaurant nor no window where you can see inside. Sounds more like an old time speakeasy.

Does '21' on rue Mazarine not match that exterior?

However, it is a seafood restaurant serving, as far as I know, individual dishes...

Food Snob

foodsnob@hotmail.co.uk

Does '21' on rue Mazarine not match that exterior?

However, it is a seafood restaurant serving, as far as I know, individual dishes...

I thought of 21 as well, but the description doesn't match.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

My friend finally got back to me with an address, and from that I found there is actually a name to this place:

RESTAURANT AUX SPORTIFS REUNIS

75, rue Brancion - 75015 Paris 15ème

An old style neighborhood brasserie. If I get there with my friend, I'll post a report.