• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stimulis Dining in Montreal

Culatello

my reason on this topic is that i've been hering alot of talk on the resturants doing promotions to get people back or in to there resurant during these hard times

I hear tha even in France top chef's are handing in there stars just so that they can get some regular action

in montreal these are some of the places i hear promoting

1 Fererra 13$ & lunch menu for the 13 years the been open

2 Globe has 3/ 33$ menu

3 Cavalli started stimulis thursday 20$ open bar all you can drink

4 Milo's has a 22 $ menu after 10pm somthing like Lemeac( not sure )

5 theres that other guy on cresent saying give me what you want

some of the names above are the big names

I also think some places stared to try to get people for sunday Brunches buffet style or by plate

some students are having a hard time finding work and to top it all off we even lost Grand Prix it's gonna be a very hard year for Montreal

anyways just wanna here who's busy in this city .

Edited by Culatello (log)

Con il melone si mangia , beve e si lava la facia

My Nonno Vincenzo 1921-1994

I'm craving the perfct Gateau Foret Noire .

Hmm, wonder what $22 will get you at Milos?

Nothing on their website, or the others either, about these offers.

In either case let's support our local restaurant and party like it's 2009!

the spirit of this post was to see how resturants are doing in these hard times and what can we do to to support

at the same time also like to hear who's busy and what,s opening

I hear a couple of old students are takeing over a BYOW on Ontario st. the guy's have talent

as for web site's post I get emails from these places with there promotion I,m part of a mailing list

I,m surprised that you never heard of 22$ after 22pm at Lemeac

Con il melone si mangia , beve e si lava la facia

My Nonno Vincenzo 1921-1994

I'm craving the perfct Gateau Foret Noire .

I am a regular at 10 pm $22 at Lemeac... hard to beat!! Although I wish they rotated through a few more variations on the $22 menu.....

I was referring to Milos regular Exalted prices, but count me in on their $22 11 pm deal....

The City of Montreal also needs to step up to the plate... help promote tax paying inner city businesses! Remove irritations like parking etc. Ok, small thing in $$ but imagine if the City promoted a FREE parking night per week, to come in and enjoy the city restos.

But frankly I am not sure I'd like to see too much erosion of resto plate prices because it ultmately will reduce food quality = Long term disaster. I'd rather see resto owners cool down their wine prices a bit. Ok, drinks is the cash cow, but IF we're really in hard times, if you can STILL provide excellent food and a decently priced glass of wine, you will have customers. And Montrealers pay a LOT for wine, relative to food compared with the US for instance.

MAybe offer a Table d'Hot with with fixed paired two glasses of wine per dish for say $10. A $30 price for a table d'hot and two glasses of wine would be hit. And with a economical wine selection you can keep food quality up and still make money. You know what wine to open, use a well priced....you can secure an average respectable tab and the customers feel they got a deal in food + wine.

Anyway... good ideas are needed, NOT necessarily giving up quality and GOOD CHEFS!!

Edited by sf&m (log)

• 2 weeks later...