• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Birthday Dinner for 100-150 € a couple in Paris

John Talbott

A dear American friend and colleague sent me a request for a place to take his French born wife to for her 50th birthday and would like "something that will really blow her away? Despite growing up in France, she is not so into the traditional heavily buttered, rich French cuisine, but loves lighter nouveau fusion cusines."

I gave some suggestions as well as saying they should go to lunch and eat salami at night, but it seems he has to work during the day, so I thought this was a terrific topic for the "usual suspects."

Ideas?

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

what could be more romantic than a dinner for two at Le Timbre.

OK, my friend will up the bidding to 150 E per couple (it's not I, as some have suspected) and its not necessarily romantic but celebratory. Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott

OK, my friend will up the bidding to 150 E per couple (it's not I, as some have suspected) and its not necessarily romantic but celebratory.

Because he is your friend I'll recommend the following for less than 150 euros/person.

La table de Robuchon.

Drouand

Senderens

Sensing

OK, my friend will up the bidding to 150 E per couple (it's not I, as some have suspected) and its not necessarily romantic but celebratory.

Because he is your friend I'll recommend the following for less than 150 euros/person.

La table de Robuchon.

Drouand

Senderens

Sensing

Unfortunately it's 150 EUR for two, not per person!

I'm sometimes asked that question with about the same prices and find it extremely difficult to answer, so I'm really interested in seeing what some of you have in mind!

La table de Robuchon.

Drouand

Senderens

Sensing

Unfortunately it's 150 EUR for two, not per person!

I'm sometimes asked that question with about the same prices and find it extremely difficult to answer, so I'm really interested in seeing what some of you have in mind!

Thanks to both of you.

Well, not to be coy, but my original response was Drouant and not the Table but the Atelier de J.R. to which I added: Rech + La Maree after my meal there yesterday. I also told him to go to Le Meurice for lunch and have salami in his hotel room at night but as I said above he has to work.

John Talbott