• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Paris Wine Bar for 10-12 people

AGM Cape Cod

We will be in Paris at the end of March and are arranging a get together for about 10-12 people. Do you have any suggestions for a place which would allow for this sort of 'meet and greet'? We are staying in the 6th but are willing to travel. A plus would be a decent (~30Euro pre fixe) restaurant in the neighborhood for some of the group to adjourn to for dinner. TIA.

We will be in Paris at the end of March and are arranging a get together for about 10-12 people. Do you have any suggestions for a place which would allow for this sort of 'meet and greet'? We are staying in the 6th but are willing to travel. A plus would be a decent (~30Euro pre fixe) restaurant in the neighborhood for some of the group to adjourn to for dinner. TIA.

Interesting coincidence. I just got off the phone with Phyllis/Felice who was exploring such; Les Papilles in the 5th is both a wine bar and resto and one can reserve the downstairs that seats 14 comfortably; stand around and talk with wine of course, then eat (their menu is 28.50 E).

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Note that Les Papilles is a wine restaurant/bistrot but not technically a wine bar. You may buy wine to go or sit down to lunch and dinner with a bottle of wine, but not just meet and drink wine as in proper wine bars.

For a real wine bar in the neighborhood, I recommend Café de la Nouvelle Mairie, near the Panthéon.

John,

Thanks for the suggestion of Les Papilles' basement room. Since we aren't sure how many will want to dine together we are more looking for a place large enough for a group that big to gather and mingle. I guess at this point I will look for a wine bar and deal with the dinner part later.

Ptipois, I will keep Café de la Nouvelle Mairie, near the Panthéon in mind. Thanks.