• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

THE BEST: Bouillabaisse in New York

Stone

Any places for good bouillabaisse in the city?

My favorite is Mary's Fish Camp. Very nice broth, individually cooked seafood (scallop, squid, lobster claw, clams, mussels, piece of fish if I recall correctly), and a nice long crusty piece of baguette toasted hard with garlic mayo.

My least favorite has to be from the Grand Central Oyster Bar, was just awful.

How about Provencale Soup de Poisson? Is there anyplace that makes it with really spicy aioli and sharp grated gruyere like I used to have in Nice?

Michael aka "Pan"

How about Provencale Soup de Poisson? Is there anyplace that makes it with really spicy aioli and sharp grated gruyere like I used to have in Nice?

There was a place on Flatbush Avenue near Grand Army Plaza opened by alumni of Le Cote Basque or somewhere like it that served an excellent Provencale Soup de Poisson.

Unfortunately, that was in the late 80s or early 90s. Now, it's a Blockbuster.

Any places for good bouillabaisse in the city?

I have found a place that has good bouillabaisse as your question asks but, not the best. Your title is very confusing? I will check and report back!

Edited by figs (log)