• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cannon beach Breakfast

I'm heading to cannon beach, OR pretty soon, and I know that I want to eat at the Ecola seafood restaurant for dinner/lunch, but I'm wondering about a good breakfast? We are late risers, but we welcome good coffee and mimosas too! Any recommendations are welcome.

Also, pub recommendations are very welcome ! Thanks so much!

~Miranda

If you stay at the Stephanie Inn, the breakfast buffet is fabulous. In town, we always like the Pig and Pancake and Morris' Fireside Restaurant. There are a number of restaurants in Cannon Beach for the lunch and dinner trade, but relatively few of them are open for breakfast. I have always thought this is due to the number of hotels and B&Bs in the area. Perhaps there is just not very much breakfast trade in the area.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

Hi, I would go over to McKeown's in Seaside, about 10 minutes away. The have some amazing Crab Cake Benedicts there, it is a cozy little restaurant in the historic Gilbert District in Seaside. Pig n Pancake is OK, McKeown's is much mroe unique. If you want oceanviews, check out Maggie's on the Prom in Seaside at the Seaside Inn. Don't miss sampling some of the fantastic food at Yummy Wine Bar on Broadway in Seaside, also. :)

Oh Excellent! I'm not opposed to Pig n pancake, but I've been there before and it can be a little fluorescent and full of teenagers/ small children. I will let you know what we end up doing! Thanks for the suggestions so far. . .

Oh Excellent! I'm not opposed to Pig n pancake, but I've been there before and it can be a little fluorescent and full of teenagers/ small children. I will let you know what we end up doing! Thanks for the suggestions so far. . .

If you do go to Pig n Pancake, they have very good Swedish Pancakes here. You may also want to check out Maggie's on the Prom at the Seaside Inn for breakfast with pretty views. Shilo does a nice brunch buffet in Sundays, pretty views here from the dining room, also. :)

• 2 months later...

I recommend Lazy Susan in Cannon Beach for breakfast. It is a much smaller, quieter experience than P 'n P (ok, I realize that is faint praise). Also, don't miss Yummy, as syrah girl suggested.

For dinner, we have found the fixed price dinner at the Stephanie Inn to be quite good. A new chef started a couple of years ago and she has rejuvenated things.

Edited by SeAAttle (log)

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to post an update on Yummy Wine Bar. They have a new chef and we were in there a couple of nights ago,it is better than ever! We had the Onion Tartlet, Baby Greens with Fresh Peaches and Feta, Goat Cheese Chicken and the Lemon Tartlet for dessert. We had a flight of Semillon with our dinner. YUMMY! :)