• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

This is why you are fat

Beth Wilson

This site seems to take fast food and make it even worse!

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/page/1

They were talking about this site on the radio this morning and I have to agree with them.  It is like watching a train wreck, you just can't look away.

I love this site. I can't believe that people actually make those things for real!

My favorite is the picture of the Mega Double stuff Oreo (half-way down)

Edited by mjc (log)

Mike

The Dairy Show

Special Edition 3-In The Kitchen at Momofuku Milk Bar

Although I hate to admit it, I'd actually eat AND ENJOY several of the items posted on this website.

The ones I'd try would be the Chicken Fried Bacon w/Gravy (already a topic on eG), the deep fried Oreos, a personalized Lankford's Gluttoneer (ditch the hot link sausage, use deli mustard and get some really good cheddar on that bad boy), and the Thurmanator, but with onion rings on the side instead of potato chips.

The two items that truly did make me queasy were the McDonald's Big Mac/McChicken thingy and that ham and cheese sand-twich covered with sunny side up eggs. Blechhhh Yuck!

Now I'm going to get something really healthy to eat to atone for all these illicit food cravings. :laugh:

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

• 2 years later...

Junk food is definitely addictive but some of this is extreme!!! I like takeout maybe once a month, but not too often as it gets boring and makes it not like a treat...plus I think it makes you feel a bit lethargic for a few days afterwards too, so certainly not good for you!

Too bad I missed browsing the site. It automatically redirects to a different website. :( Anyway, care to share any other similar sites? Thanks!

Try this link:

http://thisiswhyyourefat.tumblr.com/

I love this website, but I had forgotten about it! Thanks for the reminder!

One of the vendors at the Niagara Icewine Festival that Anna and I froze our behinds off at this last weekend - was selling the pulled pork parfaits for about $15. They were selling a ton of them - wish our lineups had been that long.

As some of you know... I moved from Hawaii back to Northern California about 6 months ago... since then I have dropped 3 inches on my waist / almost 20 pounds without trying to diet at all and only in the last 2 weeks have I started working out 20 minutes a day (sorry I know how annoying that sounds).

I can identify a lot of reasons you might expect... I have more meaninful social connections here, not mindlessly snacking, drinking a lot less etc...

But the most shocking insight I've had... I eat at lot less Sushi now. Because the culinary scene in Hawaii is so limited & poor and the abundance of cheap, high quality Sushi is one of the few things to get excited about there... I would eat it 3 times a week.. and I felt like the quantities were quite moderate (my typical was a Spicy Tuna Salad, a vegetable based maki, fish based maki, & green tea or miso soup)... it turns out Sushi packs A LOT of caloric dense rice... and it has such a high glycemic index that you get hungry & snack before the next meal.