• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Table in the Tarn

JaneMC

I did get the book today from Amazon. So far I have only read it but I find it very interesting. The story, pictures and how they go from looking for a B and B to buying and giving themselfs 2 years to get it up and running. Some of the recipes I find interesting are roquefort broiche and walnut rolls just to start with. There are several more I want to try.

What are your thoughts on the book.

Jane

Thank you for the spelling correction. Sometimes my fingers get the better for me.

Jane

Roquefort is a type of cheese similar to bleu cheese (blue cheese).  I'm guessing "broiche" is a typo and it should be "brioche", which is a type of bread (quite rich compared to your average bread--more yolks and butter).

Dave, thank you, what a interesting article! I didn't know it was for sale, boy if I had the money I would jump on it. I must say, a lot of the recipes I do want to try.

Jane

We live pretty close to this 'hotel' and can vouch for the quality of the foos. We've never stayed as its so close.

You might want to explore this link for a nice write up.

Thank you for the spelling correction. Sometimes my fingers get the better for me.

Jane

No problema. I do it all the time! (along with more embarrassing typos)

Have you made any of the recipes, yet? I read the article Dave linked to, and I'm now intrigued. I really shouldn't buy books right now, so I will have to bake/cook vicariously through others!

(BTW, you wouldn't care to PM me your caramel pound cake recipe, would you? I'm on the lookout for the perfect recipe!)

I'm more then happy to PM you the recipe for caramel pound cake but right now I'm in Seattle and I get back next Wednesday I will do it then.

I haven't made anything yet. The read is very interesting and a lot of the recipes sound really good. I can't wait to try them.

Jane

Have you made any of the recipes, yet? I read the article Dave linked to, and I'm now intrigued. I really shouldn't buy books right now, so I will have to bake/cook vicariously through others!

(BTW, you wouldn't care to PM me your caramel pound cake recipe, would you? I'm on the lookout for the perfect recipe!)

• 2 weeks later...

Jane

I sent you a PM this morning with the Caramel Pound Cake link. I'm sorry for the delay, I just wanted to make sure you got it. I don't always do things right.

Jane