• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

11th arrondissement recommendations?

alwang

Hi all, will be visiting Paris in about a month, staying in the 11th. Anyone have good recommendations for what I hear is an up-and coming food neighborhood? I'd be interested in all types of cuisine, at all price points, as long as it's good. Places I've heard good things about:

Le Chateaubriand

Bistrot Paul Bert

L’Ecailler du Bistrot

Ober-Sale

La Gazzetta

Cotte Roti

I'd also be interested in hearing about truly creative restaurants anywhere in the city.

Thanks in advance,

-Al

---

al wang

Hi all, will be visiting Paris in about a month, staying in the 11th.  Anyone have good recommendations for what I hear is an up-and coming food neighborhood?  I'd be interested in all types of cuisine, at all price points, as long as it's good. Places I've heard good things about:

Le Chateaubriand

Bistrot Paul Bert

L’Ecailler du Bistrot

Ober-Sale

La Gazzetta

Cotte Roti

I'd also be interested in hearing about truly creative restaurants anywhere in the city.

Thanks in advance,

-Al

My own list of places I'd go back to, in rank order would be:

Repaire de Cartouche

Le Rollin

Ober Sale

L’Ecailler du Bistrot

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

No Villaret?

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog