• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Who loves Kubba? Eating and cooking

what kind of vegetable soup was it?

My relatives who have a catering business simply replace the meat filling with either mushrooms/fried onions or tofu. This is

not traditional but probably also very tasty. They make the shell using semolina only, without meat as a binder.

You will have to create a richer vegetable soup than usual for more flavor.

Cheers, Sarah

http://sarahmelamed.com/

I have made some vegetarian kibbeh from a recipe book called "Spice" by the chef of a restaurant called Oleana in the U.S.

It uses pureed pumpkin/squash in the shell, combined with bulgur. The filling was feta cheese, mixed with spices and herbs. It is nice and flavourful, but the cheese is probably a bit intense if you eat a few of them. It would be nice used alongside something else in the filling.

I don't know if they would work well in a soup... I baked them (they would be great fried, too).