• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Easter egg mold?

Chocolot

Here is a smaller one

Item Number: M206

Description: u.s. truffle

Cavity Dimension: 34 x 31 (mm)

Weight: 6 (grams)

Cavities: 3 x 7

Mould Dimension: 275 x 175

It says it's 6 grams, but when I compare that to others with similar dimensions - they are around 16 grams. You might want to e-mail them to confirm. 6 grams would mean a whole lot more cavities in the mold.

Here is a smaller one

Item Number: M206

Description: u.s. truffle

Cavity Dimension: 34 x 31 (mm)

Weight: 6 (grams)

Cavities: 3 x 7

Mould Dimension: 275 x 175

It says it's 6 grams, but when I compare that to others with similar dimensions - they are around 16 grams.  You might want to e-mail them to confirm.  6 grams would mean a whole lot more cavities in the mold.

A huge thank you!!!

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

Would this one work?  It's 42 grams, available from JVK.

Thanks Kerry, but I want one that is about 15 gms. Maybe they just don't make them that small.

How about I-1317 from Tomric

http://www.tomric.com/ItemDetail.aspx?cmd=local&item=3999

brian

Brian the one she is looking for is like just the top of the egg only. See Joseph Schmidt's website for his standard chocolate.

Would this one work?  It's 42 grams, available from JVK.

Thanks Kerry, but I want one that is about 15 gms. Maybe they just don't make them that small.

How about I-1317 from Tomric

http://www.tomric.com/ItemDetail.aspx?cmd=local&item=3999

brian

Brian the one she is looking for is like just the top of the egg only. See Joseph Schmidt's website for his standard chocolate.

Ohhh . . . sorry, I've seen them do the long direction too. My bad.

b

This may not be any good as you would only be using one side of the mould but Hans Brunner have a top/bottom egg mould in a range of sizes :

egg mould

I just looked up Hans Brunner - I want some of those egg molds! They have one that's called a 'standing egg mold'. It's egg shaped but designed like a pre-made truffle shell with a hole at the standing end that you would cap (no lines therefore in the middle). Has anyone tried one of these molds?

I'm in Canada - any ideas of where I could order Hans Brunner molds? Or are there similar molds out there from other companies?

Thanks!

gallery_34671_3115_1561.jpg

How about this one instead.  You'll only have to mold it once - they will make themselves from then on.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

I want to order some molds from Tomric. I am in Canada and they said they only ship UPS - not US post. I know from past experience that the border charges that UPS charges are quite horrendous. Have any Canadians ordered from Tomric? How were the border charges? Is there any other way?

Thanks!

I want to order some molds from Tomric.  I am in Canada and they said they only ship UPS - not US post.  I know from past experience that the border charges that UPS charges are quite horrendous.  Have any Canadians ordered from Tomric?  How were the border charges?  Is there any other way?

Thanks!

I must confess that I buy from them when I can bring them across myself, so I haven't had to deal with charges. But when other UPS things have come from the states - I have to pay at least $35 brokerage fees.

Most of the molds they have can be obtained through Chocolat-chocolat or DR though. Except for the Selmi ones. Which molds are you after?

Most of the molds they have can be obtained through Chocolat-chocolat or DR though.  Except for the Selmi ones. Which molds are you after?

That's very helpful Kerry. I'm not sure exactly which ones I'm going to order yet but when I decide I'll email chocolat-chocolat and DR to see if they have them. That would be SOOO much better. Thanks so much Kerry.

• 9 years later...
12 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Does anyone know of a source of Hans Brunner egg molds in the US besides what Tomric carries?

Not the US - but Chocolat-Chocolat has some.

9 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Not the US - but Chocolat-Chocolat has some.

Thanks, Kerry, so they do.  But not quite what I want.  I'm looking for a plain hollow egg about 8 or 9 inches, give or take.

Tomric has this:

https://shop.tomric.com/Product/HB.20_SE175-G-L/Egg_Smooth_Mold.aspx

Which may or not be the same as:

https://www.brunnershop.com/en/Spinning-Moulds/Eggs/Smooth-style/Egg-smooth-style-oxid.html

The part numbers sure look similar but Tomric says 4 pieces per mold and HB says 2 pieces per mold.  Unhelpfully Tomric does not give dimensions of the egg.

I'd consider a bigger egg such as:

https://www.brunnershop.com/en/Spinning-Moulds/Eggs/Smooth-style/Egg-smooth-style-oxid-34.html

...if I could find it.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

52 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Tomric has this:

https://shop.tomric.com/Product/HB.20_SE175-G-L/Egg_Smooth_Mold.aspx

Which may or not be the same as:

https://www.brunnershop.com/en/Spinning-Moulds/Eggs/Smooth-style/Egg-smooth-style-oxid.html

The part numbers sure look similar but Tomric says 4 pieces per mold and HB says 2 pieces per mold.  Unhelpfully Tomric does not give dimensions of the egg.

That's weird, maybe Tomric sells pairs of molds so you get 4 halves or two complete eggs?

I have to admit, the pricing on these boggles my mind  - as much as I love having all the toys, I can't yet rationalize a $300 chocolate mold!

I suspect that Tomric is saying 2 halves of two eggs = 4 cavities. Cause the number is clearly the same.

Would you consider ordering from Brunner directly?  I know someone from NJ who will be going to Amsterdam in February. 

1 hour ago, pastrygirl said:

I have to admit, the pricing on these boggles my mind  - as much as I love having all the toys, I can't yet rationalize a $300 chocolate mold!

Do you have grandchildren?

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou