• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gourmet Ready-to-eat Meals Delivered Overnight

Cucina

I'm looking for *good* online sources for fresh/frozen family sized entrees that can be delivered anywhere in the country overnight. My cousin is recuperating from chemotherapy and just doesn't have the energy to cook for her family of 4.

Local friends have been very supportive and generous in making casseroles and such, but you can only eat so many chicken and rice casseroles - especially if you typically eat a higher level of cuisine - before you lose your appetite completely.

I am particularly interested in finding a place that will ship enchiladas - Neiman Marcus is now using a different source than they used to and frankly, Chef Dean Fearing's enchiladas just aren't very good. I can't remember the name of their previous source.

Also, any good sources for other regional cuisines? Louisiana cajun, etc?

One of the problems I'm having is a lot of the websites I find have portions for 1-2. Family sized portions would be better. thx.

You could write explaining your situation to Bruno Goussault at CUISINE SOLUTIONS and request that you be allowed to purchase from their food service section. Ask also for reduced drop shipment quantities and distributors near your destination.

The chilled sous vide retains shelf life for 2 weeks or more, up to 21 days. Preparation is simple, quality excellent. You can choose many low-fat combinations of fish, apsta rice, vegetables, sauces, along with meats & poultry.

http://www.cuisinesolutions.com/

http://www.cuisinesolutions.com/FoodService.aspx?saleid=1

Sample:

1. GRILLED SEASONED CHICKEN BREAST

Product # : 3660

Description :Grilled, Bnls, Seasoned Chicken Breast with Skin-on

Portions Per Box: 6 pieces per pouch, 6 pouches per case, 36 pieces

Product Weight: 6.50 oz. per portion

Price : $123.50

2. CHICKEN, ROASTED HALF WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY

Product # : 6032

Description :Roasted Half Chicken with Garlic and Rosemary

Portions Per Box: 12 pieces per case.

Product Weight: 26.0 oz. per portion

Price : $105.77

They suggest pairings, like this:

Suggested Pairings

Demi Glace #3743

Eggplant Confit

Celery Puree #3814

EGGPLANT CONFIT

Product # : 5320

Description This vibrant and flavorful dish showcases Eggplant in a rich Tomato Sauce with Onions, Olive Oil, Garlic, Thyme and White Pepper. Great to serve cold as a canape or hot as an entree.

Portions Per Box: 8 pouches per case

Product Weight: 2.0 lb. per pouch

Price : $93.13

Thai selections as well for poultry.

Edited by v. gautam (log)

Perhaps there are some private chefs in the area that would be a better way to go. They can come into the house and set them up for a week at a time of heat and eat meals. They can also be sensitive to any special needs. I've kept my appetite up during chemo - no real loss of taste, but that isn't always the case. I hope she doesn't have nausea around food prep! Mine is pretty limited.

Best of luck.