• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

On 7/4/2018 at 10:15 AM, heidih said:

@Darienne  brosing through Melissa Clark's "In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite" her pesnutbutter chocolate pie popped up. It is a chocolate crust with a cream cheese and whipped cram based filling - not frozen. You can find the recipe here https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe/karens-peanut-butter-pie-11766797

Thanks Heidi.

Yesterday I made the Epicurious peanut butter pie again and put a raspberry spread under the filling and a dark chocolate ganache over the top.  The visitors come in a couple of hours and there's no point in asking for an honest response...I won't get one. 

I tasted the filling yesterday...and I just don't love it.  I like it alright I guess...but it's just not for me.  Ed liked it.  He really liked it.  So I think the answer lies in that response.  It's just one of those things I don't like...although I really like peanut butter.  Go figure.  Lime cream cheese with a chocolate ganache is more my style.

But thanks for trying.  :wub:

Darienne

Darienne

41 minutes ago, heidih said:

@Darienne  brosing through Melissa Clark's "In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite" her pesnutbutter chocolate pie popped up. It is a chocolate crust with a cream cheese and whipped cram based filling - not frozen. You can find the recipe here https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe/karens-peanut-butter-pie-11766797

Thanks Heidi.

Yesterday I made the Epicurious peanut butter pie again and put a raspberry spread under the filling and a dark chocolate ganache over the top.  The visitors come in a couple of hours and there's no point in asking for an honest response...I won't get one. 

I tasted the filling yesterday...and I just don't love it.  I like it alright I guess...but it's just not for me.  Ed liked it.  He really liked it.  So I think the answer lies in that response.  It's just one of those things I don't like...although I really like peanut butter.  Go figure.  Lime cream cheese with a chocolate ganache is more my still.

Darienne

Darienne

40 minutes ago, heidih said:

Thanks Heidi.

Yesteday I made the Epicurious peanut butter pie again and put a raspberry spread under the filling and a dark chocolate ganache over the top.  The visitors come in a couple of hours and there's no point in asking for an honest response...I won't get one. 

I tasted the filling yesterday...and I just don't love it.  I like it alright I guess...but it's just not for me.  Ed liked it.  He really liked it.  So I think the answer lies in that response.  It's just one of those things I don't like...although I really like peanut butter.  Go figure.  Lime cream cheese with a chocolate ganache is more my still.

Darienne

Darienne

37 minutes ago, heidih said:

Thanks Heidi.

Yesteday I made the Epicurious peanut butter pie and put a raspberry spread under the filling and a dark chocolate ganache over the top.  The visitors come in a couple of hours and there's no point in asking for an honest response...I won't get one.