• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bagel Dogs in Seattle?

Does anyone know of any place in or near Seattle that sells Dr. Stein's Bagel Dogs (especially Jumbo Polish Dogs)? The store I used to buy them at went out of business.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Never heard of them. Columbia City Bakery sells "bagel dogs" that use dogs from Bob's Bakery. The "" is for the term bagel. These are pretty soft rolls with a nice deep brown exterior. Bagels they are not. Tasty though.

Thanks,

I'll check them out (I don't think Dr. Stein's is actually bagels either, just similar dough).

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Costco used to carry these, but I have not seen them for quite some time. On occasion, I have seen a mini bagel dog product at my local Safeway.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

Last place I saw them was costco as well...

~Jason

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

Last place I saw them was costco as well...

~Jason

When i get my tax refund I'll have to go to Costco and get a day pass.

• 2 weeks later...

zatz's on california in WS has bagel dogs. poppy or plain. never tried them, but i have been intrigued.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train