• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cornell Catering, Ithaca NY

pax

Not a lot of appliances, but tons of table linens, serving pieces, drink dispensers, some rotisseries, cruets and s&p shakers, boxes and boxes of unopened serving ware, glasses, mugs, seasonal decorative stuff, and oddly, a tonne of pewter, more ice cream sundae dishes than Willie Wonka's factory. Quite a lot of melamine serving bowls and trays. Chafing dishes from utilitarian to downright pretty, more sterno holders than you can shake a stick at.

In the self serve storage units just south on 13, down the street from Finger Lakes Foods (the big green house), there is a marble place, then a rent-all place, then them, all the way at the back.

I got a HUGE 2'x2' and square inch thick of marble marble for $5.

Today-Sunday, 10-5 (I think...not sure on the 5 part.)

Cash only.

I don't work for Cornell.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”