• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any Ideas for Disco Sparkles?

onetoughcookie

I am definitely going to try this.  I'll be curious to see how hard the rolled buttercream gets, as I tend to ship cookies alot, and would hate to see dings and dents. 

Thanks K8

Wow, let me know if it ships. The stuff I use is too soft for that. It will hold texture but would definitely show dings. Maybe if it was real stiff?

"Non-Toxic Decorating Sparkle to give brilliance and shimmer to decorations. For decoration only"

Aren't you opening yourself up to some liability if someone does get sick? Even if perchance the glitter didn't cause it. Lawyers will latch onto anything to make a case.

I am definitely going to try this.  I'll be curious to see how hard the rolled buttercream gets, as I tend to ship cookies alot, and would hate to see dings and dents. 

Thanks K8

Wow, let me know if it ships. The stuff I use is too soft for that. It will hold texture but would definitely show dings. Maybe if it was real stiff?

I won't be able to ship these if they ding.....that's why royal is the greatest for cookie decorating.

Maybe for local delivery where I can have more control over dings and dents.

www.onetoughcookienyc.com

"Non-Toxic Decorating Sparkle to give brilliance and shimmer to decorations. For decoration only"

Aren't you opening yourself up to some liability if someone does get sick? Even if perchance the glitter didn't cause it. Lawyers will latch onto anything to make a case.

I don't think this is the kind of substance that will sicken someone. Food allergies are the concern over here. My order form contains a portion for the client to outline any known food allergies.

Without knowing about them, I can't take measures to avoid or prevent them from occurring.

In extreme cases, I will not take an order if the allergies are too severe. I like to sleep at night.

Ingesting a miniscule amount of a non-toxic substance once in a very blue moon, in my humble, non-medical opinion, isn't going to cause any real damage. There are plenty of other culprits in the average daily American diet whose after-effects are far more destructive.

For what it's worth, I got an email from Pfeil and Holing Customer Service today (I have been badgering them for years about this) saying they were a few weeks away from stocking edible dusts and a range of "new stuff" but that could mean anything. Anytime I order, I've been using their feedback form to ask for edible dusts so maybe they just got tired of me asking :wink:

For what it's worth, I got an email from Pfeil and Holing Customer Service today (I have been badgering them for years about this) saying they were a few weeks away from stocking edible dusts and a range of "new stuff" but that could mean anything.  Anytime I order, I've been using their feedback form to ask for edible dusts so maybe they just got tired of me asking  :wink:

Hooray!

Might be non-toxic but if you were making cookies for my kid I would not want them.

Just my .02

They sure look great. I wish I had the talent and patience to create such attractive edibes.

Thank you. Glad you liked them.

You'd never have to have anything from a custom baker that you wouldn't want.

That's the beauty of 'custom'. I bend over backwards to make what my customers want.