• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Punch or pitcher cocktail recipe with limoncello?

HungryC

Calling all mixologists: I need a punch or pitcher-sized cocktail featuring limoncello....I have a huge batch of homemade limoncello ready for drinking, and I need a tasty way to use it. I'm aiming for something I can make in large volume (probably stored in gallon jugs in an ice chest) to serve to my fellow float-riders during my Mardi Gras krewe's parade tomorrow night. So fussy & fancy are out...and fresh tastes are key. TIA!

Just top it with prosecco, like a mimosa Easy and tasty. And not ridiculously high in alcohol so folks can drink more without ruining the decor, if you know what I mean... :rolleyes:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Thanks, Katie. I don't have prosecco handy, but I do have a couple bottles of Spanish cava (Cristallino, or some other value-priced thing I rec'd as a party favor). The bubbly & 'cello will be perfect the pre-parade festivities, but I'm gonna need something premixed & easily dispensable for the actual parade itself. I'll be up on a float, wearing a gown, large feathered mask/headdress, while slinging beads, moon pies, doubloons, cups, spears, footballs, & stuffed animals....and I can't drink the sticky, sugary sweet daiquiris from the takeout daquiri shop that my cohort is certain to bring along.

I think I've decided on mojitos; just bought the limes and picked the mint out of the yard. I'll stir 'em up tomorrow AM.....