• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

1 nt in Madrid; 3 wks in Granada and Almeria

zora

I'm going to Spain for work at the end of March--I've got three weeks in Granada and Almeria provinces. (Alas, not headed to the "foodier" parts of Andalucia!)

So, suggestions appreciated this area--restaurants, local food producers, etc. Doesn't have to be fancy--just crazy-delicious.

[edited to take out ref to Madrid--will re-post query in dedicated Madrid thread... Mod, correct thread title if you like.]

Edited by zora (log)

Zora O’Neill aka "Zora"

Roving Gastronome

The unfashionable but superb FM in Granada is a must that has been reviewed here.

Not exactly in Almería, but in Roquetas de Mar, Alejandro serves great seafood with a modern approach.

In Almería proper Casa Joaquín offers perfectly fried fishes and seafood.

RE: Madrid has a lot of threads about all kind of restaurants, take a look at them and come back with your queries.

Rogelio Enríquez aka "Rogelio"

• 2 months later...

Rogelio, just wanted to say huge thanks for the Casa Joaquin recommendation! I had the best teensy garlicky clams there, and fried monkfish liver. Still one of the standouts of my trip.

Unfortunately didn't get to Alejandro or FM, but am going back to Granada next month, so can at least make sure I hit the latter.

Zora O’Neill aka "Zora"

Roving Gastronome