• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gordon Ramsay's kitchen nightmare

Just read an article in The People dated 15 feb claiming GRH are delaying payments to their suppliers,some invoices dating back to November last year causing hardship to same!

Makes very interesting reading

Expect him to come out with guns a blazing.

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

also closed his maze restaurant in prague.

and rumoured in the trade to be the biggest debtor that caused the oldest butcher in york to go bust.

I really ,really hope that GRH can pull through this.

Love him or hate him he has done a massive amount to raise food awareness in the UK.

I hope upon hope that he has people behind the scenes who are adept at keeping landlords and suppliers reasonably happy.

Very sad rumour,to circulate (if of course it is true) about the butcher.

Business can be very cruel,most especially when the economy turns against you.

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

and rumoured in the trade to be the biggest debtor that caused the oldest butcher in york to go bust.

What was the butchers name Gary?

That's so out of order but it doesn't suprise me in the least. I heard so many horror stories about him around 95 - 97 in London from chefs who worked with and for him.

Whatever happens I don't suppose we'll see him queuing in the breadline any time soon! I believe he now as a personal fortune of sixty million. Possibly, if anything, his company could be at risk on the grounds of such a rapid and explosive expansion. It would be great to see GR cooking again in just one restaurant. DREAM ON!!!!!!

I'm sure his stable of restaurants have been affected by the global depression,

but I'm still enjoying his shows on TV-just started watching F-Word & Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America.

Some of the restaurants he's dealt with have major problems-& probably won't make it, especially if they have ongoing debt. The food business has got to be the most difficult to continue, in this lagging economy...perishable product, slow market, sounds like impenetrable odds...