• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Books by Denis Cotter

DanM

My wife and I came across Denis Cotter by happy accident while cycling through Ireland. Once we got home, we immediately purchased this two (now three) cookbooks. They are a regular source for dinners, especially when we want something fancy.

I was wondering if anyone else has his books and what you think about them.

Dan

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan - they are beautifully photographed but at the same time, you're not afraid to use the book like I am with the bigger, shinier ones! They're definitely a little on the fancy side, but we discovered that by removing an element or two from a recipe, you still have a lovely and easy dish for tired, mid-week dinners. The other great thing is that they are very in tune with the Irish seasons, which I like because if you are trying to eat local in Ireland in February - well, the more help you can get, the better!!

Glad there's another admirer. I'm still trying to get to his restaurant down in Cork though...did you make it for a meal?

Niamh