• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greetings from Khukri Rum, Nepal

Anant

First of all, I am delighted to know that a rum community is growing by leaps and bounds.

We would like to introduce ourselves as manufacturers of Khukri XXX Rum (750ml) and Coronation Khukri XXX Rum (Dagger shape glass bottle) and we enjoy the leadership of Nepal's rum market since 1959.

It gives us great pleasure to announce that Khukri XXX Rum has won the prestigious GOLD AWARD at the recently concluded International Rum Festival 2002 that was held in St. Johns, New Foundland, Canada from 1st to 5th September 2002.

I look forward to being a part of this esteemed community.

Welcome Anant! We've heard great things about your product -- can't wait to try it here in the states.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I had no idea there was such a long-standing rum tradition in Nepal. We actually have two of our site's members in Kathmandu right now. Maybe they'll bring some rum home for us to try!

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

If possible, please do tell them to visit the Rum Doodle bar at Thamel, Kathmandu and try out the Khukri Rum cocktails they stir up there, specially the spiced Khukri cocktail....in the winters, its the best!!!