• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hearth or Annisa?

davidbdesilva

Change of plans for our visit this weekend, we will be there Sunday instead of Saturday (deciding to avoid Valentine's Day thus the posting below about Little Owl). I know these are fairly different restaurants but which restaurant would you chose for the best overall experience? Both have multi-course options for about the same price, Hearth's wine list is much longer (and pricier!), Annisa looks more romantic while Hearth looks a little more casual. So, what are your opinions?

Edited by davidbdesilva (log)

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

Change of plans for our visit this weekend, we will be there Sunday instead of Saturday (deciding to avoid Valentine's Day thus the posting below about Little Owl). I know these are fairly different restaurants but which restaurant would you chose for the best overall experience? Both have multi-course options for about the same price, Hearth's wine list is much longer (and pricier!), Annisa looks more romantic while Hearth looks a little more casual. So, what are your opinions?

If you are looking for an avowedly romantic setting with excellent food, Annisa carries the day.

I second Oakapple's opinion. While Hearth is a very good restaurant and I enjoy it a lot, I think Annisa operates at a higher level in almost all areas. The food, ambience and service are all a level above.

I'll modify this one slightly: I'm currently debating between Wallse and Annisa for next weekend. Wallse's winter promotion looks excellent, although so does Annisa's whole menu. Thoughts?

This is a closer call, because they are roughly comparable. If it is meant to be a romantic meal, I think Annisa has a slightly more quiet, elegant ambiance—not that Wallsé is any slouch in that department, but Annisa coddles you a bit more. If food is the major consideration, you can have a wonderful meal at either one.