• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dotori Muk from scratch, HELP?

Okay, my Korean is parlous. But it looks like you want to add 100g of dotori muk powder to 900 cc of water. Or - and I get lost a little here - it suggests one cup of powder added to four cups of water. Mix, then over heat, stir for three minutes. Then, possibly, you're to pour it into a bowl to set. Eh. That's all I can get from the pictures and numbers. I wish I could be of more help.

• 2 months later...
http://i39.tinypic.com/n689iw.jpg

^^^That is the instructions on my package of Acorn Starch.

Can anyone help translate that for me?

1. Prepare 100g of Dotori Muk Powder and 900cc of warm water. (The powder and water should be mixed at a ratio of 1:4.5)

2. Mix the powder and water and stir well to prevent lumps from forming.

3. Continue stirring while cooking to prevent Dotori Muk powder from burning. When you see little air bubbles on the surfcace, lower heat and let it set for about 3 minutes.

4. Transfer to a large plate and let cool and enjoy tasty Dotori Muk.

(It looks like you need to turn on the heat in step three but the instructions never state this)