• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thelma's BBQ

JimH

• 1 month later...

Hi JimH. I was posting too much, not seeing enough from other people, thought I was coming across as a board hog. I want to read what others are up to, not just my own posts so much. I've also cut back a lot after seeing my expenses for last year for eating out! I mostly tend to my blog now but I keep checking in, hoping others will offer their observations and finds and get this board going again, then I'll start contributing again probably. It's always been pretty quiet here on the Texas board, though.

I don't think you've been a board hog at all. I've enjoyed your contributions. Today I was on Hwy 6 S. just above W. Airport and I spied a "taco" style truck in front of what used to be a Pakistani restaurant of the same name. I plan on checking out the restaurant since it has apparently changed hands & names. I'll ask about the truck and where they park it when it's open.

Wow! Three posts in one day .... this board is roaring back to life :biggrin: .

I haven't been but I'm looking forward to it and I think I'm going to be pleased at least with the new room, the old one gave me the creeps. I wonder how being this far removed from the downtown lunch crowd is going to affect her business?