• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brugal Añejo

I went to the Dominican Rep for vacation this summer and it was in our room's mini bar. Actually it was a full bottle with a spigot. It was really good. I was surprised how tasty it was. Excellent value. We used it for mixing primarily but I had a couple of straights and I have no bed comments about it. Not too sweet, caramelly, but still it had full round flavors, and a nice palate.

Certainly one of the favorite standards from the Dominican Republic. Years ago the bottling facility in Puerto Plata gave tours to a few small ships and everytime the tourists came ashore the boating community lined up at the back door where the samples were served.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

• 8 months later...

I hate to bring this up but on a recent trip to the DR, I learned that the Anejo brand of Brugal differs between what is shipped to the states and what is sold in the DR. If you are going that way be prepared to enjoy a much better rum. I was told that they will address the problem but in the mean time we have something to look forward to.

Brugal has about 75% of the local market in the DR.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

I hate to bring this up but on a recent trip to the DR, I learned that the Anejo brand of Brugal differs between what is shipped to the states and what is sold in the DR. If you are going that way be prepared to enjoy a much better rum. I was told that they will address the problem but in the mean time we have something to look forward to.

Brugal has about 75% of the local market in the DR.

It's better?! That's wonderful news, bc I like it now. Gives me something to look forward to. :cool: