• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hells Kitchen US season 5 [2009]

Toufas

Oh, hungrycat, I'm with you on that! I was so sure Colleen or Lacey would be gone by now, but it's Seth I really loathe. Want to twist his head off just looking at him. Dumbass. And Emmalish, you're right. Just when you think poor Gordon is saddled with incompetent webfooted mutants and is totally justified in being a dick in the kitchen, he does something shitty like that to Robert. Proves he really IS a dick, inside the kitchen or out of it. Does anyone notice how he really picks on fat (or even chunky) people? And just what has THAT got to do with a cook's ability or talent?

Yes, Claudia, that annoys me too when Ramsay doles out insults regarding

people's weight. It's really not necessary. Now if one is a total boob like

Seth portrays himself to be, then that's another story! He deserves what's

coming to him.

Yes, Charlie goofed in the dining room - but, for the love of Pete,

Seth hides butchered up meat in the cabinet?? What the bloody hay . . . ??

Seth needed to go, not Charlie.

I think the "cabinet" or reach-in refrigerator is the proper place to store meat that can be "edited" later, when speed is not so much of the essence. There's no excuse for a sloppy butchering job, but given the situation, I think Seth performed adequately.

Pick up your phone

Think of a vegetable

Lonely at home

Call any vegetable

And the chances are good

That a vegetable will respond to you

It didn't look like a refrigerator to me . . . it looked as if he was trying to pull

a fast one.

Of course, I've already deleted the DVR tape, so I can't go back and watch

again. :hmmm:

I do, however, still think he needs to be booooooted . . .

We can only hope that tomorrow night will be the night!

The creepy guy who knows Ramsey's kids names, the kind of car he drives, and what color underwear Gordo's wearing? Oh man, I pray that guy wins the whole freakin shootin match. If you're going to have a train wreck, make it a big one.

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

I am still trying to figure out how the plot will play out.

It boggles me that Coleen would risk everything she has worked for just to get a chance to be Exec at Ramsay's new restaurant.

Surely the casting directors explained how Ramsay treats the aspiring chefs and she must have seen previous seasons. She knows better than anyone else her skill level.

So why risk it all?

I think we may see her turn it around and jump into contention.

Cooking skills can be taught, but she already has a foot up in business management which is more in line with the skills needed to become an Executive Chef.

Ramsay certainly won't pick a party chef or line cook for the position, there's just too much to teach.

I think it will come down to Coleen and Ben

A thought just occurred to me regarding Coleen.

For a forty year old she is fairly attractive and given Ramsay's wandering eye...I was just thinking. Could there be something going on between them?

Why would she allow herself to be humiliated week after week unless the "fix was in"?

Did he promise her the Exec job for some lovin'?

Time will tell.

For a forty year old she is fairly attractive and given Ramsay's wandering eye...I was just thinking. Could there be something going on between them?

Why would she allow herself to be humiliated week after week unless the "fix was in"?

Did he promise her the Exec job for some lovin'?

Time will tell.

From another old-timer--it made me cringe to see her break into the cheerleading routine. And have you ever seen Ramsay's wife? No comparison.

Pardon me while I quietly throw-up into my mouth...........

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

I'll say it again – train wreck. I find it hard to believe that any of these people will ever be able to find work again after the way they're portrayed on this show.

And I felt so badly for Robert the other week when he got jerked around on the ferry ride, and then some of the comments he came out with tonight made me want to smack him. I can't stand Lacey, but that's based on her whiny attitude and her total lack of skills. Where does Robert, who is so large he wasn't even allowed to fly on a helicopter, get off making cracks about Lacey's weight? What an ass.

I'm gonna go bake something…

wanna come with?

Wonder if Seth know the name of Ramsay's alleged longtime mistress, too? (!)  (That story seems to have died, BTW, but if it hasn't, I'm just waiting for Seth to try and blow some sunshine up Gordon's trou by mentioning her.  THAT would be a meat cleaver-worthy bollocking (!))

I have never heard any of these stories are they from the British papers? Living in the states and not one to really surf the net much I was wondering when these stories were floating around and was thinking after some other post if it was an open secret.

No, the Ramsay mistress story - while it did break in the Brit papers - popped up here. And died, really quickly. And, yes, Ramsay's wife is a real looker (that might answer both the mistress and Colleen issue). And, yes, Robert did make me want to smack him - after I was all empathetic about him being picked on and humiliated because of his 400-lb. bulk, and then he keeps snarking about LACEY? Lacey, at least, can fit on a helicopter.

Also, did you notice that EVERY male team, without exception, always calls the female team "bitches"? Just wait untuil Lacey does one ervice with them. That should give them something to bitch about.

Oh, and for those still interested in the alleged Ramsay mistress:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...s-husbands.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...d-adultery.html

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11262008/news/...pain_141071.htm

Trust the good old NY Post - usually suitable only for lining parrots' cages - to have more prurient details. On the mistress, of course - not Ramsay!

• 1 month later...

An example of the lousy editing on this show:

During the taste test, Andrea flubbed up. Then they show her teammates

standing there gasping . . . and who is standing there on the far left?

Andrea, of course :blink:

• 1 month later...

I thought I saw that to, at first I was like "no way, they wouldn't' but maybe (((shrug)))

I don't care, the show is a guilty pleasure for me.

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child