• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cake pans in vancouver

Does anyone know if I can get Wilton 3D cake pans in town? Do you know a good place to source a large variety of cake pans? We are making a homemade 1st birthday cake for our son, and are looking for a train pan (we know we can make train cars out of loaf cakes, but looking to cut down on time), and or a large slab cake pan. Thanks.

Does anyone know if I can get Wilton 3D cake pans in town?  Do you know a good place to source a large variety of cake pans?  We are making a homemade 1st birthday cake for our son, and are looking for a train pan (we know we can make train cars out of loaf cakes, but looking to cut down on time), and or a large slab cake pan.  Thanks.

Michael's has an extensive selection of Wilton pans. Don't forget to use your 40% off coupon from the paper.

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

If you can't find it locally and have a bit of time, Golda's Kitchen is a Canadian online store and they have a good selection of cake pans, including a Wilton train cake pan and a stand-up Wilton train cake pan. I've ordered from them a few times, and I usually get things in about a week.

I'm gonna go bake something…

wanna come with?

Thanks everybody for your help. A couple of you wrote about the coupon:

Michael's has an extensive selection of Wilton pans. Don't forget to use your 40% off coupon from the paper.

What paper would I find this in? Cheers!

Thanks everybody for your help.  A couple of you wrote about the coupon:

What paper would I find this in? Cheers!

I would check your community newspaper. We get ours in the North Shore News, Wednesday or Friday edition (sorry, I can't remember which). They usually have a pullout ad every week.

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

You can also find them online (Michael's website or a number of sites which offer coupons). I found this one which expires on the 31st. It doesn't say if it's a US-only coupon or if it can be used in Canada, too, but I'm thinking if they didn't specify, it should be OK to use. No harm in trying, anyway.

If they don't have the one you want, look for a cake supply shop. In Winnipeg, there's at least one cake supply shop that rents out Wilton pans, so if they have that kind of thing in Winnipeg, they must have similar options in Vancouver.

ETA: If you register for Michael's website and to receive their newsletters or ad via e-mail, they'll send you a 40% off coupon right away.

Edited by prasantrin (log)