• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

arabic or middle eastern grocery in Hong Kong

Robert Esser

Hi Gang - anyone know of an arabic or middle eastern grocery store (small or big) in Hong Kong? I regularly go to the stores in Chungking Mansion, but they are more Indian leaning to Pakistani. Not Middle Eastern. There are also smatterings of tiny shops scattered around Sham Shui Po and Mong Kok, but again mostly Pakistani/Nepalese, i.e not Arabic, Turkish, Lebanese, etc.

Anyone help? Would appreciate it. Thanks.

Pantry Magic - the destination for cooking enthusiasts in Asia. Pro quality cooks tools at factory-direct prices, cookbooks, professional advice and service. Hong Kong * Taipei * Beijing * Shanghai * Singapore * Jakarta * Auckland - soon to be in every major Asian city. No Pantry Magic in your town? OPEN ONE! Franchise opportunities available: www.pantry-magic.com.

Do you think you can ask some arabs who live in Hong Kong?

For example, there is a famous mosque in Tsim Sha Tsui (Corner of Nathan Road and Haiphon Road). It has been around for ages. Maybe walk in there and ask someone where they shop?

W.K. Leung ("Ah Leung") aka "hzrt8w"

Hi Gang - anyone know of an arabic or middle eastern grocery store (small or big) in Hong Kong?  I regularly go to the stores in Chungking Mansion, but they are more Indian leaning to Pakistani.  Not Middle Eastern.  There are also smatterings of tiny shops scattered around Sham Shui Po and Mong Kok, but again mostly Pakistani/Nepalese, i.e not Arabic, Turkish, Lebanese, etc. 

Anyone help?  Would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Isreali Koshermart?

I once resorted to BUYING (=/= being) ingredients from the Malouf Lebanese restaurant...

Anything in particular you're looking for?

=

edited, thanks liuzhou =p

Edited by Sher.eats (log)

~ Sher * =]

. . . . .I HEART FOOD. . . . .

Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy. - Anon