• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

More outer borough adventures

LaNiña

Sorry to chime in late. Either of those dates looks promising for me at this point, but I won't be sure I can make it until the last minute. If you can hold a spot for me, great, but if there is a space limitation, people who can commit in advance should get priority over me. Thanks for organizing, Nina.

The 18th is a Monday and might be bad, considering that several transactions will probably seek to close as soon as practicable before Thanksgiving, so I will most likely be stuck at work.

Another time, perhaps.

The 14th is preferable for me, subject to whatever may be happening at work, of course.

SA

Okay folks. It'll be Monday the 18th. nesita can never do anything on a non-Monday and she constantly gets shafted as a result, so that's one reason. Also, not so easy for Nick to get to Queens. And the 18th is a little better for me, and I"m the organizer, therefore I invoke organizer's privilege. Sorry to Rory and CathyL, but dem's da breaks. I'll be delighted go again, soon even.

So....details to follow, but here's a little: Sripraphai is BYO. It's just 4 blocks fromt the #7 train to 61st St. I'll post directions and address, etc. soon. It's easy, about 15 minutes of train time from Grand Central.

Here's who I have as coming on the 18th:

Nina

Nina's beau

BklynEats

StefanyB

Nick Gatti

nesita

Toby

maybe MartyL

maybe Soba

And 2 anonymous (yeah yeah but no kidding)

Okay boys and girls....Sripraphai outing is next Monday, the 18th, at 7pm. List I have is as follows:

Nina & Beau

BklynEats

StefanyB

Nick Gatti

nesita

Toby

MartyL?

2 anonymous

Please confirm or deny....then I'll post detailed directions. And also remember, it's BYO. I'll bring beer.

Nina & Beau - confirmed

BklynEats - confirmed

StefanyB - confirmed

nesita - confirmed

Toby - confirmed

MartyL - confirmed unless last minute situation arises

Rory & Daniel - yes?

2 anonymous - yes

1 other possible anonymous

Okay - is that it? Rory and Daniel please confirm. I'm going to make a reservation so I need to know for sure...

Details:

Sripraphai Thai Restaurant

6413 39th Ave.

Phone: (718)899-9599

Take the #7 train to 61st St./Woodside. The express and local both stop there. Get down from the train and walk along Roosevelt Ave in the same direction as the train, until you get to 64th St. Take a left, go one block, and it's on that block, across the street and slightly to the right.

See you all there on Monday at 7pm! If anybody would like my cell number, send me a PM and I'll send it along....remember, Sripraphai is BYO.

Okay, so we'll be 12 people:

Nina & Beau - confirmed

Nina's friend Adam - confirmed

BklynEats - confirmed

StefanyB - confirmed

Toby - confirmed

MartyL - confirmed unless last minute situation arises

Rory & Daniel - confirmed

2 anonymous - yes

1 other possible anonymous

Sorry all, but unfortunately I have to cancel.

The irony is that it isn't work obligations that are the problem. We signed up a deal on Friday that should have freed me up for a few days. Alas, too many all-nighters at the office last week have left me with a depleted immune system and a fever. Sorry for the public whine too.

My apologies to Nina and the other attendees and I hope to meet you all at some future gathering.

See you all this evening at 7pm:

Nina & Beau

Nina's friend Adam

BklynEats - confirmed

StefanyB - confirmed

Toby - confirmed

Rory & Daniel - confirmed

1 anonymous

They don't normally take reservations, but I've spoken to them, and the owner told me she'd set a table for 9 and save it for us, so....it's under "Nina."

Remember - BYO (I'm bringing beer).

Edited by La Niña (log)