• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

More outer borough adventures

LaNiña

So, everybody, how's Monday, the 18th of November?

That's the same week as the Indian dinner. Won't be able to do that due to the conference we're hosting. :unsure:

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

As I said, I can't make it, but I'm sure there will be other times.

Am headed off to the land of no electricity today, catch you folks in a week...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Can someone post the address and phone for Tangra Masala please?

I don't see it on yellow.com. Here are the directions Nina posted. I may go my own if I can't wait till Nina to plan Tangra Masala again. :)

---------

Take the R or V train to Grand Ave/Newtown. If you are on the express trains (E or F), switch to a local train at Roosevelt. Grand Ave is two more stops. Ride toward the front of the train, and take the exit at the very front of the station. Out of the turnstiles, take a left towards Queens Blvd South side. Take the stairs on your right. Continue on Queens Blvd in the direction out of the exit stairs, past the furniture store. Grand Ave is at the end of the block. You should see the awning for Tangra Masala across the street.

-Jason

Okay folks, are we in or out?

Interest expressed by:

Rory

BklynEats

StefanyB

Tommy

MartyL

Soba

Mark Stevens

Nick Gatti

CathyL

nesita

SouthernGirl

So please say for sure - which is better for y'all, the 14th or the 18th? Or both or neither? Anybody else?

I will only be in town for the 14th... it looks like I will be having an early truffle dinner at ADNY...then have to be at MSG by 9pm...so don't consider me in the equation...but, if this turns into a post dinner excrusion for drinks...count me in...I should be free after 11:30pm...and would "like to go out and play"!

I will only be in town for the 14th... it looks like I will be having an early truffle dinner at ADNY...then have to be at MSG by 9pm...so don't consider me in the equation...but, if this turns into a post dinner excrusion for drinks...count me in...I should be free after 11:30pm...and would "like to go out and play"!

I can't speak for anyone else...but on a weekday at 11:30 I won't be out...

When I am traveling...I forget people where I am have to work the next day...something about being done with my work and kicking into "vacation mode" :wink: ...Anyway...I have started a thread "11/15" to see if anyone is up for drinks Friday. I was looking forward to experiencing one of Nina's advetures...next time I hope!

ngatti- I'd still be free to head out after I'm done at the Garden!