• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Has anyone tried Sous Vide DungenessCrabs

AVFOOL

Dungeness crab is in abundance and the price had been as low as $3.99/lb. in San Diego. I wonder if any one had try cooking crab Sous Vide. I would like to try to use 60.5 deg C for 3 hrs. Does that sounded right?

I dunno...but I would think you would follow a similar method as for lobster where you take it out of the shell and then cook it with some butter and seasonings.

I don't know what temp you should use but start with the lobster temps and see how it goes.

Let us know what happens.

I've seen s.v. snow crab on a restaurant - that was a year ago, and I didn't order it.

Not all will agree, but I don't really see the need to s.v. delicate seafood that can be enjoyed virtually raw, except that it's fun to experiment.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack