• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

(MSP) Bradstreet Craftshouse

Alchemist

Hello, my name is Toby Maloney. I am in the process of opening The Bradstreet Craftshouse in downtown Minneapolis. The Bradstreet is a high end cocktail bar with small plates being served, by the very talented Jesse Spitzack.

This is a rough draft of the cocktail list, things may still change.

People who have been to The Violet Hour in Chicago will recognize some of the cocktails, but we are working on a whole new set of House cocktails for Bradstreeet.

Will keep you updated.

Opening the 31st of January.

It's in the Graves 601 Hotel, 601 first Ave North.

We are open Tue-Sat from 4pm-2am.

Cocktail List

12/18/08

COCKTAIL LIST

The Bradstreet Cocktail Jim Beam Rye, Lemon, House Made Jasmine Syrup, Bradstreet Bitters

Gin

Fresh Fruit Gimlet Gordon’s, Lime, Seasonal Berries, Regan’s Orange Bitters

Juliet & Romeo Plymouth, Lime, Mint, Cucumber, Rose Water

20th Century Bombay Dry, Lillet Blonde, Crème de Cacao, House Orange Bitters

Negroni Tredici Tanqeuray, Cynar, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Bradstreet Bitters

Rum

Honeysuckle Brugal Anejo, Lemon, Honey Syrup

Dark & Stormy Matusalem, Lime, Cruzan Black Strap, Ginger Syrup

Golden Age Matusalem, Lemon, Egg Yolk, Cherry Heering

The Brideshead Grogg Appleton, Lemon, Green Chartreuse, Mixed Spices

Hemingway Daiquiri Flor de Caña 4yr, Lime, Luxardo Maraschino, Grapefruit

Tequila

La Paloma Chinaco Silver, Lime, Grapefruit

Conquistador Margarita Chinaco Silver, Licor 43, Hell-Fire Bitters

Yellow Rose of Texas Chinaco Silver, Lemon, Yellow Chartreuse, Rose Water

Whiskey

Whiskey Smash Rebel Yell Bourbon, Lemon, Mint, Peychaud’s Bitters

Winter Sazerac Wild Turkey 101 Rye, Housemade Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup, Kübler Absinthe

The Elk Horn Toddy Old Overholdt Rye, Lemon, Demerara Syrup, Clear Creek Douglas Fir Eau de Vie

Minneapolis Flip Jim Beam Rye, Dows Tawny Port, Cream, Whole Egg, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram

Black Walnut Old Fashioned Bulleit Bourbon, Demerara Syrup, Nux Alpina Black Walnut Liqueur, House Orange Bitters

Fairview Manhattan Templeton Rye, Zirbenz Pine Liqueur, Lagavulin Scotch

Brandy

Winter Sidecar Maison Surranne Cognac, Lemon, Pineapple, Fresh Nutmeg

Jack Rose Laird’s Bonded Applejack, Lemon, House Made Grenadine

Aurora Fizz Belle de Brillet Pear Brandy, Lemon, Laird’s Applejack, Egg White, Regan’s Orange Bitters

Maltese Cross Don Cesar Italia Pisco, Lemon, Egg White, Rose Water

Vodka

Vodka Cobbler Prairie, Lemon, Lillet Blonde, Seasonal Fruit, Bradstreet Bitters

Moscow Mule Prairie, Lime, Ginger Syrup

Cooper’s Union Prairie, Lemon, St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur, Grapefruit, Orange Flower Water

Cordials

Pimms Cup Pimms #1, Lime, Tanqueray Gin, Mint, Cucumber, Strawberry

Sloe Gin Fizz Plymouth Sloe Gin, Lemon, Egg White

Stingy Brim Luxardo Coffee Liqueur, Rum, Sweetened Heavy Cream, Fees Old Fashioned Bitters

There a

Airmail

Aviation

ChampagneCocktail

Corpse Reviver #2

Daiquiri

Gimlet

Manhattan

Margarita

Martinez

Martini

Mint Julep

Mojito

Negroni

Old Fashioned

Sazerac

Sidecar

Southside

Tom Collins

Hope to see you all soon,

Toby

If anyone would like rezo's in the next couple of weeks you can PM me and I will put you down. We are not open to the public until the 31st but I would love to get a bunch of foodie/drinkie people in the industry in to get some feedback.

Edited by Alchemist (log)

A DUSTY SHAKER LEADS TO A THIRSTY LIFE

I hope that the first post didn’t seem like an advertisement. I am very excited to be doing this project here in Minneapolis. I am so very impressed with everyone that I am working with, and for. The staff of Bradstreet has worked very, very hard to get things up and running, I insisted on having almost 50 cocktails, split between house and classic, available at the onset. Oh, and we did it all in in 5 days of training. It was boot camp mentally and physically My favorite comment was…”I think my brain is going to fall out my nose.” And “Wow, who knew that making drinks could be so exhausting?”

They have put up with me, frightningly sleep deprived, and more OCD than when I opened The Violet Hour. We are more organized, and loaded for Bear.

We are dealing with the “Yes we have an Ice Program” issue. I so understand that it sounds like the most pretentious statement ever. So I have been thinking about it. “Ice is to a bartender like heating apparatus’ are to a chef”. No one would think that a chef who has a stove, a grill, a fryer, a salamander, a flattop, a Bain Marie, boiling water with vinegar, a microwave, a blowtorch, and any other heat source you can think of, pretentious. So if a bar has, say 6, ways of chilling drinks why should that raise an eyebrow?

I want this to be a bar, full stop. It should be a place to get together and have a good time. I would love to see local people here enjoying themselves. If anybody has been to The Violet Hour let hear some compiarsons and contrastrasts.

I would love to hear from eGulleters in this area what they think about what we are doing.

Must sleep now.

Toby

I took a look at the website, and just for clarification--will cocktails be available in the restaurant section, as well? And it says the main bar only seats 10--is that correct?

If I make it to MSP this summer, I'll definitely be there! We usually go every year, but we were thinking of trying somewhere new this year. This, however, will be incentive to go!

I hope that the first post didn’t seem like an advertisement.  I am very excited to be doing this project here in Minneapolis.  I am so very impressed with everyone that I am working with, and for.  The staff of Bradstreet has worked very, very hard to get things up and running,  I insisted on having almost 50 cocktails, split between house and classic, available at the onset.  Oh, and we did it all in in 5 days of training. It was boot camp mentally and physically  My favorite comment was…”I think my brain is going to fall out my nose.” And “Wow, who knew that making drinks could be so exhausting?”   

They have put up with me, frightningly sleep deprived, and more OCD than when I opened The Violet Hour.  We are more organized, and loaded for Bear. 

We are dealing with the “Yes we have an Ice Program” issue.  I so understand that it sounds like the most pretentious statement ever.  So I have been thinking about it.  “Ice is to a bartender like heating apparatus’ are to a chef”. No one would think that a chef who has a stove, a grill, a fryer, a salamander, a flattop, a Bain Marie, boiling water with vinegar, a microwave, a blowtorch, and any other heat source you can think of, pretentious.  So if a bar has, say 6, ways of chilling drinks why should that raise an eyebrow?

I want this to be a bar, full stop.  It should be a place to get together and have a good time.  I would love to see local people here enjoying themselves. If anybody has been to The Violet Hour let hear some compiarsons and contrastrasts.   

I would love to hear from eGulleters in this area what they think about what we are doing.

Must sleep now.

Toby

Tobt,

You should explain to those that have never been to The Violet Hour about the level at which you take the ice. (I don't believe VH has an ice machine or cubes, correct?)

Also, is this your venture, or associated with TVH? Will you have excellent beer like The Publican?

The Violet Hour is the best cocktail bar I've ever been to in my life, so hopefully The Bradstreet Craftshouse meets this high standard. Good luck.

JB

Toby

Yes cocktails will be available throughout the establishment. The main bar has 8 seats, but we are in the process of putting in another “bar” in the Parlor. I belive it will have 4 seats.

The Violet Hour does have a Kold-Draft machine, her name is Lucille. Bradstreet has a Kold-Draft machine, Roxanne, that we use for shaking, and Bradstreet also has the Taisin ice mold, (you can find discussion on it on the ice thread in Spirits & Libations) so we have beautiful spheres the size of baseballs.

Alchemy Consulting is not involved in the Publican, and we are consulting for the Graves 601 Hotel.

We will have a few beers, but the cocktails are the main focus.

Toby

• 2 weeks later...

Went there last night for a drink and a bite to eat. My drink (Pimm's Cup: Pimm's, Tanqueray, Watermelon, Strawberry, Cucumber) was superb, very well balanced and delicious to boot. Paired really well with my choice of snack (Sea Bass Ceviche with Green Curry, Watermelon Espuma, Basil and Crispy Skin) which as well was perfectly balanced.

• 1 month later...