• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

fruit and vegetable grocers

jpr54_

Hallandale Beach

I grew up in Plantation, but I'm familar with Hallandale because up until last September, my sister lived in Hollywood. There is a big fruit/veg market on US1/Hallandale Beach Blvd ( It used to be called Big Irv's, not sure of the name now). They do close on Saturday to observe the sabbath.

Have you found The Sage yet? Excellent bagels/appetizing shop on Hallandale Beach Blvd. There is also a Whole Foods in Aventura.

If you are driving as far as Lauderdale Lakes, you should stop by the Swap Shop Flea Market on Sunrise west of I-95. On the west side of this monstrous complex is a very large Farmer's Market that features asian as well as tropical produce.