• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saturday night in Cocoa Beach

Pumpkin Lover

Not too much about Cocoa Beach around here, but I did see on another thread that Cocoa Beach is great for BBQ and seafood.

I'll be down there Saturday night with a friend who really loves wine bars. Me, I would love a great stone crab -- Grand Central Oyster Bar is currently selling a claw for $11.95 (don't quote me, but something around there). I've paid twice already and totally enjoyed it, but I'd love to be able to eat as many as possible when I'm in FL.

So, either wine bars and/or great places for seafood, hopefully for a stone crab, but the best recommendations you got, I'll take em. Thanks <3

I wish I could help you. Your questions are great. I'm within an hour from Cocoa and if I knew there was a good wine bar and a place for good stone crab in the Cocoa Beach area, I would be there Saturday myself. :smile: Actually on Saturday I am heading even further south, to the Melbourne area.

There are some decent wine bars popping up around, but not in, Daytona. For good stone crab, I buy it locally and fix it myself at home. I'll be watching for replies to your inquiry, but I'm afraid it's not good news.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Susan, thanks for your reply. After I posted this, I did some research and came to understand how (relatively) rare stone crabs are in the first place. Buying them and fixing them myself is certainly an option, either preparing them in FL or taking them frozen with me back to NYC. Are they easily available at supermarkets? or specialty seafood stores, or gourmet food shops?

Also, I've been trying to more research -- it's not looking good -- I think I need to get myself ready for tiki bars or something. Oh boy (but I am excited about coming to FL, overall).