• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Romantic Dinner / Lunch London

Rhodes 24 has excellent views of the business district. You could show her where the recession started. Sorry, only kidding but good question, I'd also like to know where has the best views. I looked round for ages a few years ago for places on the river but ended up somewhere totally different. We did however, have champagne at Vertigo 42, which (has possibly unparalleled views) serves food but the reviews I read were not too positive.

If you'd be happy to schlep out to Richmond, the Bingham is on the river .

A new entry in this year's Good Food Guide (and a Cooking 5). Had a very pleasant dinner, if solitary, there earlier last year - would have been improved if the wife or girlfriend had been with me. It's a "pretty" room and a nice view so should fit the romantic bit. In warmer weather, drinkies can be taken on the terrace.

The chef, Shay Cooper, is from my part of the world and I hope he has good success "down south". www.binghamhotel.co.uk

Edited by Harters (log)

John Hartley

The food at the Blueprint Cafe (above the Design Museum at the end of Butlers Wharf) is always interesting and sometimes outstanding - sorry can't be more specfiic about when it's likely to be great. Depends on the menu.

The views however are always wonderful, especially if you get a table in the far corner of the room nearest Tower Bridge.

Sarah

Sarah