• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Flip gets four stars from the AJC!

RAHiggins1

How long have the waits been? I'll be up there soon, but I'm traveling with some who think any wait longer than a drive through is a poor use of their valuable time.

There may be a wait to get seated but service is fast and the food is certainly worth it.

Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

How long have the waits been? I'll be up there soon, but I'm traveling with some who think any wait longer than a drive through is a poor use of their valuable time.

The wait to get seated isn't so bad, but the wait to get your food can be.

I had a friend that went last Saturday, at 2, and couldn't get in, so she left.

Parking is a major issue. At night you can park across the street at businesses, at least; the neighborhood behind the restaurant is very unhappy with the situation.

All that said, I had high expectations, and I wasn't let down. The pistachio-white truffle shake was fantastic.

a1144202587_225331_5382.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It is my daughter's and wife's birthday this next week and we are going for late lunch/early dinner. I hope we won't be too long as we have a show, but I will try to plan accordingly.

Kind of bummed that Blais will be in CA for a Winefest, but good for him. We can hopefully meet him another time.

• 2 weeks later...

Flip was good fun. Nice enough to sit outside and enjoy the weather.

I pulled in and saw a spot right up front. 20 minute wait to be seated. This was at 3:30 this afternoon. Tables do turn fast.

The burgers are great. Hard to split though other than half. Just too small really to cut any more than that though we tried. No harm to the flavor though.

We had the lamburger, po boyger, ban mi and butcher cut burgers. Sides of sweet potato tots and the vodka rings. The dip for the rings was a mayo/mustard and was great. Finished with the krispy kreme and the nutella/marshmallow milkshakes. So good... :smile: We all decided that the po boyger was the best of the lot, followed close by the butcher cut.

Service was good despite how busy it was. She looked just like Rachel Ray to us. :shock:

Good job Richard. We will be back.

Edited by Doodad (log)

• 2 weeks later...

Made it there and found it fun but maybe a little overhyped. Went early, so no wait. Service was friendly and informal.

Lamburger was tasty. I was wondering if the toppings would overpower the burger, but if anything they were unassertive. The burgers are mid-sized; bigger than a slider but not full-size, either. Butcher Cut, with onions and bleu, was a little more assertive. Both were well cooked and moist.

Rutabagas were good with a sweet chili dipping sauce, but they were far more tempura than vegatable. Onion rings were also mostly batter. I like fried, salty batter, so this was OK. Fries may have been double fried like belgian frites, as thay were crisp on the outside, but the portion was small and filled with tiny, scrap-sized pieces. I founf the sweet potato tots too soft in texture, although I can see how a sweet potato lover would be pleased.

Shakes were good, but Nutella one seemed more chocolate than Nutella (although I sometimes feel the same about Nutella). Krispy Kreme shake was a fun novelty, but like the real thing, the sweetness gets old in a hurry. The freezing with nitrogen thing seems gimmicky, although not objectionally so. I wondered how much of the $7 cost was attributed to the nitrogen.

It was a fun meal, but not what I'd call inexpensive. I'm glad I went, but I won't feel compelled to return every time I pass through Atlanta. On the other hand, there are several other "burgers" that sound intriguing.

Edited by maf (log)

"Eat at Joe's."

- Joe

• 3 weeks later...