• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Auberge du Pommier

Marlene

Has anyone been recently? We have reservations there for dinner soon. I've never been.

Edited by Marlene (log)

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Has anyone been recently?  We have reservations there for dinner soon.  I've never been.

Was there last month and did the tasting menu with the wine paring which was really good. The even did a substitute on a course I did not want to have. The service was excellent. We had about six people serving us at different times so you never just had to wait on "your waiter" for anything. We also sat near the fireplace in the rear which was a very nice romantic meal. There really is no bar so don't get there too early. They also wine storage units near the entrance which where you can look at over 200 of the high end bottles if you have to wait on your table. I have been to plenty of three star places and while not on that quality is very high and will return again.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I, with another couple went for dinner last night for my wife's birthday. It was the best dining experience I have ever had. From service to food, I mean everything. Just to note, I have been in the restaurant business for 21 years, working for high end clubs, resort and restaurants, and this was spectacular. The GM sent us a bottle of prosecco to start for our celebration and then the chef sent out an amuse. Steak tartar was exceptional, as was my veal and the full flight cheese course at the end. Money well worth spending in my opinion. If we all had one complaint, it would be we couldn't have tried one of everything!