• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Knife Sharpening: Where to go in Vancouver?

I'm sorry to anyone who opened this thread and found no explanation, i swear i wrote a post, somehow it didn't get posted!

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any reputable places in Vancouver to get knives sharpened? I have pretty good quality knives (global, henckel) that desperately need sharpening!

Thank you

Megan

Not sure where you live in Vancouver but Market Meats -2326 W. 4th in Kits (across from Safeway) sharpens knives and does a decent job. I would ask them about the Globals though as I'm not sure if the angle is the same as the German knives.

There used to be a mobile knife sharpening service that was well reviewed called Knifex but I think they have either changed names or are out of business.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Anybody have their knives sharpened at the Sharpening House on West Blvd? The Meat Market is in my neighbourhood, so that is an option as well. Where did the original poster end up going? Were you happy with the job? For what it is worth, my knives are henckel.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...