• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help identifying Michelin Starred dish please...

phan1

Hello, I'm trying to figure out where a certain dish came from. I watched Iron Chef's Clark vs Batali where the secret ingredient was Halibut. For Batali's dishes, he made various versions of famous Micheline starred restaurants such as Bocuse's Truffle Soup and Daniel Boulud's Paupiette. But one of them I couldn't recognize:

He made a very cool dish where he sauced a halibut dish with 2 types of Beurre Blancs. One of the Beurre Blancs was enriched with hard boiled, finely diced egg whites. The other Beurre Blanc was enriched with the left over hard boiled egg yolks that have been run through a tamis. So you have 2 sauces of the same Beurre Blanc except that one is enriched with egg yolks and the other with egg whites.

Can anyone recognize this dish and where it came from? Batali said it was originally Sturgeon, not Halibut. Thanks!