• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

V-Vessel conical fermenter

tim

Hi,

The V-Vessel was developed for BrewShops in Canada.

The cost is reasonable and it allows for primary, secondary and bottling without any transfers. It is plastic and costs from $150 to $170. There is one on eBay for $100.

Does anyone have experience? Are there any opinions?

Tim

I have certainly seen large stainless steel conical fermenters in brewpubs and the like. It seems very efficient, but I wonder how easy they are to clean.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

You should try pos

ting this question at hbd.org, or any of the other popular brewing discussion groups. I'm sure you'd get lots of response. As for me, I would switch from a simple bucket. If you use plastic you want to replace every now again, and >100 does not promote replacing it. I dispense from my secondary, so there's really no advantage here for me. Lastly, it appears to me that if you're filling the fermenter in a different location than you're fermenting it (like I am) that it could be a gigantic pita.

• 3 weeks later...