• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Indian Food in Fed-Way/Auburn?

So I've been living here in unincorporated Auburn (half way between Auburn and Fed-Way) and have not found a decent Indian restaurant yet! (Not that I've been trying very hard lately since my finicky toddler dislikes Indian food.) I really miss Taste of India up in the U-District.

Anyone have any good suggestions for this area of WA?

TIA!

"Live every moment as if your hair were on fire" Zen Proverb

Punjab Sweets in Kent might do the trick. More for sweets and chaat, but they also have very decent lunch fare. The crowd is more Indian than at Taste of India, though, so it may be different food than you are used to, but I'd rather have easy access to Punjab Sweets, for what it's worth.

So I've been living here in unincorporated Auburn (half way between Auburn and Fed-Way) and have not found a decent Indian restaurant yet!  (Not that I've been trying very hard lately since my finicky toddler dislikes Indian food.)  I really miss Taste of India up in the U-District.

Anyone have any good suggestions for this area of WA?

TIA!

Jason Truesdell

Blog: Pursuing My Passions

Take me to your ryokan, please

a bit father north, but lots closer than the U district:

Naan N Curry in Renton (the old town area) is pretty good. The place fills up a few minutes before closing with lots of large tables of Indians. They seem to like to eat late. Lots of beautiful young men eating with their hands.

Pakistani too

On Rainier Ave across the parking lot from Fred Meyer is a vegetarian place, Pabla Indian Cuisine. There is a grocery next door.

full sweet shop