• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

sugar art - gum paste classes

Nawtees

Hi all...I need help. I know that Lori of Wildflowers teaches classes in New York. Who else, besides Nicholas Lodge or Scott, teaches flowers? I ran across someone online, bookmarked that page, and that computer crashed with no way of getting the info back. She is a dark haired lady who teaches. Not elderly, and a professional. Not a hobbyist.

She could be in the area around New York, too. Anyone have any clues or names for me to look up?

Thanks,

Annette

Jennifer Dontz travels to conduct flower classes. Contact me if you want her information. Her cakes are in the big floral arrangment books that are in florist shops - I guess they are FTD or whoever it is that publishes those big giant books that go out across the country. I think they come out yearly. She's awesome. Well credentialed.

There's B Keith Ryder Virginia.

And here's a good link

http://www.ices.org/links/sugarartinstruction.html

Jennifer Dontz travels to conduct flower classes. Contact me if you want her information. Her cakes are in the big floral arrangment books that are in florist shops - I guess they are FTD or whoever it is that publishes those big giant books that go out across the country. I think they come out yearly. She's awesome. Well credentialed.

And here's a good link

Hey K8! Thanks for the shout-out.

I'm starting a series on gum paste fundamentals in the new year. One class a week for 10 weeks, each hitting different flowers and skills. Bit of a trek for Annette from New York, though. ;)

I know I'll be in New York in April to teach and demo at a Day of Sharing, but I don't recall now what topics they've asked for. I'll check, and if it's gum paste, I'll holler.

B. Keith Ryder

BCakes by BKeith

I'll be teaching advanced cake decorating from my home as of early April, if you can wait until then. I live in Eastern Pennsylvania.

Theresa :biggrin:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln

And here's a good link

Hey K8! Thanks for the shout-out.

Absolutely, Cake-Buddy. I have been blessed to be in your class.

Hey I just heard that Jennifer will be doing a floral gum paste class in New York this fall. Here's her email, cakebabe1@aol.com. It will be a two day gumpaste floral class.

Both dynamite teachers!