• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

On 1/2/2011 at 6:35 PM, Recoil Rob said:

Resurrecting this thread, I was walking through Eataly for the first time last week and they had shishito samples out for tasting. We immediately bought a pound and have been eating over the New Years weekend. I fried them very fast in light olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. Addicting!

Trader Joe's now has them, but quite often, they are picked too late when the seeds are like plywood. I have been growing them for quite a few years now. They are pretty easy to grow, and you are right, they are addicting.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

On 1/2/2011 at 6:35 PM, Recoil Rob said:

Resurrecting this thread, I was walking through Eataly for the first time last week and they had shishito samples out for tasting. We immediately bought a pound and have been eating over the New Years weekend. I fried them very fast in light olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. Addicting!

Trader Joe's now has them, but quite often, they are picked too late when the seeds are like plywood. I have been growing them for quite a few years now. they are pretty easy to grow, and you are right, they are addicting.

HC