• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

East Plano Los Rios Mediterranean Bistro

Patineuse

This place is a find! It is located at 3509 E. Park Blvd in Plano, cross street is Shiloh road. This little jewel has great food, service and...atmosphere. Today I got take out from their lunch menu and I had the Los Rios Pita Pocket. This had grilled steak, onion and mushroom. The steak was tasty...maybe slightly stringy...but that is not a bad thing since I am watching my fat intake these days. Their sandwiches are served with "Batatas Brava" (patatas bravas) and a tangy mayonaisse on the side.

My friends order the French Country salad frequently and add chicken. This salad has mixed greens, feta, tomatoes, cucumbers olive oil and herb vinaigrette. I have had the chicken panini pomodori sandwich (very delicious), Salad Nicoise, hummus and the Chicken Saffron Kabob. So far everything has hit a home run.The last time I was there for a sit down meal I scored because the manager brought me a creme brulee on the house.

Prices for lunch specials are $7.50-8.99, entrees are 9.75-12.50. Their website is http://www.losriosbistro.com/, however none of the links work.

This is a breath of fresh air for the East Side of Plano where the choices are usually limited to chains or "greasy spoons" of many cultures.

Melissa Bowman

• 1 month later...
This is a breath of fresh air for the East Side of Plano where the choices are usually limited to chains or "greasy spoons" of many cultures.

What about:

Aparicio's

Gregory's

Jorg's Cafe Vienna

Kelly's Eastside

Mariscos

?

East Plano is no wasteland. Ignorance of it is widespread.