• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Millburn - lunch

BeeZee

Meeting some co-workers for lunch tomorrow, central point with best options is probably Millburn/S.Orange.

Looking at restaurant MC or Basilico as viable options, any other thoughts?

It's also good if it's the kind of place that won't push us out the door since we have some business to discuss and probably will need the table for 90 minutes.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

Martini Bistro is another choice...some GREAT martinis (if you're drinking), decent food, and parking in the lot on the corner of Essex and Main Streets. Not blow-you-away, but certainly good, and the selection ranges from (big) salads to steaks--without breaking the bank. Fwiw, I'm a fan of their fried calamari w/chipoltle dipping sauce... We've never been rushed out of there, either.

Martini Bistro website

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Thanks, Curlz + Susan...

Will definitely keep Martini Bistro in mind for another time when I can partake! Cafe Monet appears to be open for lunch from what I see on other web sites, but they don't have any detailed info on their own web site. We need to see menus before choosing since we are kind of a picky bunch.

Decided to go to Basilico, everyone was able to agree on that.

Enjoyed lunch at Basilico very much...I had mushroom bisque, pear/goat cheese ravioli with pecorino/thyme sauce. The ravioli were perfectly cooked and very light. They have a nice lunch menu, runs the gamut of salad-panini-pasta, plus a huge dessert menu (if I only had room).

BTW, walked past Cafe Monet and they were hosting a private party for lunch.