• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Financial Aid for Parisian Studies for US Citizen

gogetappreciated

Can anyone direct me to some resources or provide insight on obtaining scholarships, grants, loans, or other financial aid for a US Citizen to attend culinary school in Paris. If anyone knows how this is typically done, that would be helpful.

It seems easier to find info financial aid for US citizens to attend "regular" school in Paris or for US citizens to attend culinary school in the US. It seems the combination of international and the type of school rules out lots of options.

Thanks!

You should check the http://theculinarytrust.com/ website. In addition, our culinary-school scholarships are usable anywhere in the world. When we announce the details of our next eG Scholarship (this should happen in early 2009) you're encouraged to apply for that!

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Have you tried contacting your closest French consulate? Often foreign governments have small scholarships and grants to promote their culture.

My background is in academics, where such scholarships are pretty common. I don't know if countries do this for culinary studies, but it's worth a shot.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)