• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bedford Post Inn, The Barn, The Farmhouse

hathor

Whilst I had my back turned, Richard Gere opened a restaurant in Bedford, NY. I think it's supposed to be a casual bistro, an upscale restaurant and an 8 room inn, but there's a scarcity of info. Buzz when it opened and now much of anything. Anyone been there?

I haven't eaten at this restaurant, but I have had Chef Brian' Lewis' food at Vu in Scottsdale. He is talented and should do a good job here.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Whilst I had my back turned, Richard Gere opened a restaurant in Bedford, NY. I think it's supposed to be a casual bistro, an upscale restaurant and an 8 room inn, but there's a scarcity of info. Buzz when it opened and now much of anything.  Anyone been there?

Richard hired my good friend Chef Brian Lewis to run both the of the concepts. Brian is a serious talent and you can read my report on him while he was at the Vu in Scottsdale. Also, Martha, yes that Martha, is a big fan of what Brian is doing up there. I very much look forward to getting up that way to see what Brian is doing with all the great purveyors that he has sourced for the project. He also brought in Sous-Chef Jeremy McMillan to work with him from Redd in Napa and previously Zinc Bistro in Phoenix. He also got a little love from the NY Times.

Edited by molto e (log)

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

Whilst I had my back turned, Richard Gere opened a restaurant in Bedford, NY. I think it's supposed to be a casual bistro, an upscale restaurant and an 8 room inn, but there's a scarcity of info. Buzz when it opened and now much of anything.  Anyone been there?

Richard hired my good friend Chef Brian Lewis to run both the of the concepts. Brian is a serious talent and you can read my report on him while he was at the Vu in Scottsdale. Also, Martha, yes that Martha, is a big fan of what Brian is doing up there. I very much look forward to getting up that way to see what Brian is doing with all the great purveyors that he has sourced for the project. He also brought in Sous-Chef Jeremy McMillan to work with him from Redd in Napa and previously Zinc Bistro in Phoenix. He also got a little love from the NY Times.

Thanks for the NY Times link. I've been having trouble finding any current mention of the restaurant. We're planning on going in the near future, so I'll report back. Thanks again!