• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Getting ready to roast an outrageous prime rib

paulraphael

It's aging in the fridge (one week).

How are you keeping it in the fridge ? Is it on a rack, atop a tray, covered or uncovered ?

Please give a few details.

edited for grammer (of course:) )

The photo above, is of how the roast is in the fridge. The following photo is of how it looks today.

rib-roast-after-4-days.jpg

And here is my "baby" 11 pound 4 bones 1 week in the fridge

tracey

Dec 09.jpg

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

It's aging in the fridge (one week).

How are you keeping it in the fridge ? Is it on a rack, atop a tray, covered or uncovered ?

Please give a few details.

edited for grammer (of course:) )

The photo above, is of how the roast is in the fridge. The following photo is of how it looks today.

rib-roast-after-4-days.jpg

Duh, I could of looked closer and noticed its the inside of a fridge.

My only explanation is, when I see that hunk of beef all I can think

about about is what a great hunk of beef it is :raz:

If I walked past the case in a store and saw it, I would have to buy it even though I have a 5 pounder, 4 rib in the freezer waiting.

I age mine uncovered as well. I put on a rack, which is resting on a sided sheet pan, and add water every third day, so the meat will not dry out as much.

Happy Holiday's I'm sure your roast will be enjoyed by all!

BTW, what times dinner ? LOL

Edited by Aloha Steve (log)

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."-- Winston Churchill

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb

• 3 weeks later...

This thread really has not helped my pocketbook. I'm ordering a great dry aged USDA prime, prime rib now because the pictures and descriptions discussed within here are just too unctuous to hold back from. The smoked one looks exceptionally good I need to do some more smoking with my weber. I really like my prime rib with scalloped potatoes.

This thread really has not helped my pocketbook. I'm ordering a great dry aged USDA prime, prime rib now because the pictures and descriptions discussed within here are just too unctuous to hold back from. The smoked one looks exceptionally good I need to do some more smoking with my weber. I really like my prime rib with scalloped potatoes.